Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2006 Giant Anthem 2 Mountain Bike Review

2006 Giant Anthem 2 Mountain Bike ReviewClose to the end of summer 2008 I bought a used bicycle. The bike I choose was a 2006 Giant Anthem 2 and I rode it as often as I could before it started to snow. Now that spring is coming I thought it would be a good time to review the Giant Anthem 2 for anyone out there that might be in the market for a really good used mountain bike.

Now for a little background on why I was in the market for a new bike. After riding my cheap, heavy hard tail mountain bike with my friends I realized I had to get a better bike just to keep up with them. I also had plans on going mountain biking but didn't want to use the old bike because I was concerned about breaking some of the cheap components on the bike.

I had been keeping an eye on Craigslist (check out my post on Buying a used bike on Craigslist) for a better Mountain bike and one day I noticed someone was selling their 2006 Giant Anthem 2. Before I even called the seller I did some research. Both online and at the local bike shops. In 2006 the Anthem 2 Mountain Bike was the second from the top of the line Mountain Bike for Giant and in 2009 the Anthem Frame is still used as Giant's top of the line Mountain Bike. The bike was in perfect condition and looked like it had barely been used. In 2006 the MSRP was around $2,300 because of the bikes high end components. And that is also why it is so much lighter than my other bike and it weights around 26 pounds (which is pretty light for a Mountain bike). This bike is lighter than many of my friend's hard tails. I guess it's true - you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome information, do anybody mind just reference back to it mountain bike reviews

Post a Comment

 

Download Templates